Data may lose because of many reasons. In this technically growing scenario, everybody knows the essence of preserving data. Now the question arises here, is this even possible? The answer is YES!
Although there are a few manual ways, still third-party tools are available like, Shoviv has produced the Outlook PST Repair tool for repairing PST files. But when there are manual ways, why should I use this third-party tool?
Why use Shoviv Outlook PST Repair tool over manual methods:
One of the manual methods to repair corrupt PST files is Scanpst.exe. It is an inbuilt utility provided by Microsoft. You can launch this utility to repair PST files. But this software has these restrictions as well:
- This method only repairs the header part of the data and sometimes goes wrong with the content of the data.
- There is a chance of losing data while repairing PST files using scanpst.exe.
- The manual method does not support PST files exceeding 2GB size.
- The integrity of the data always remains the issue.
How to use Shoviv Outlook PST Repair Tool:
To do this task through the Outlook PST Repair Tool, you first need to download this tool from Shoviv’s official website. After downloading and installing this software successfully on the PC/Laptop, you can proceed further as:
Adding PST files as follows:
- Tap on Add PST file from the ribbon bar to add source PST file into the software.
- Once you add the files, you’ll see an Advance Scan option on the top of the wizard. Check this checkbox to repair even highly corrupted files and recover deleted items. Give path for the temporary file storage and click on OK.
(Note: if you want to close any PST file, then you can tap on the ‘close PST file’ option from the ribbon bar and select the file accordingly to close.)
Repairing and Saving PST files:
Click on the Outlook PST option from the ribbon bar.
A wizard will pop up, in which there will be a list of folders to check/uncheck. You can choose a folder based on which folder/file you want to repair. Then tap on the Next button.
Here, choose whether you want to save repair files in the existing PST file or the new PST file.
If you choose Existing PST File, then you need to browse the existing PST file, and if you want to save in new PST File, then you need to go through this option:
- Select Folder: browse the path in your local drive to save your repaired PST files.
- Set PST file Password: if you want to put a password on your repaired PST file. Check on this checkbox and enter a password.
- Split PST file size: Here, you can enter the size for the resultant PST files, and the PST files will get split accordingly at the end.
- Incremental Export: check this checkbox to prevent duplicity. Items that are processed before will not be processed anymore using this option. Then tap on Next.
The filter option will appear with two criteria one is to filter data according to message class, the other to filter data based on date range, and you can also use the advance option.
If you tap on the Advance option, the Advance option wizard will appear, here you can enter thread count. You can also apply a filter based on modification, creation, delivery, submit time. In the same wizard, Advance Options like, Folder Mapping and Email Translation options are also available.
Now, click on Next, and the process will start and show the status report on the window.
Once the process is complete, you can save the status report by clicking on the Save Report button. Then click on the Finish button. Your PST files are repaired and saved in your selected directory.
Everybody knows the value of data and time. In the context of data, I think nobody can live the data loss. There is a restriction in file size if you repair PST files through the manual method, and you also will need to repair PST files one by one. So it is better to use the Outlook PST Repair tool. This tool allows you to convert multiple PST files into a single move. Convert any size of data efficiently in no time.
Repair PST Files Using a Professional Solution