Complete Steps to Backup Hosted Exchange to a PST File
Exchange Migration tool
Most of the use exchange server locally to access our emails and it is a beneficial tool for centralized management of the emails. And most organizations use these as their preferred email tools as it is the preferred mode of communication.
But all cannot be hunky and dory at all times with your Outlook and at some point, you would want to take the backup of the files stored in your Outlook. So, today we are going to talk about how you can backup an exchange server to a new PST file.
It is very easy and most of us will be able to do it and there are two methods for it. We will look at both of these methods and decide which one is best suited for us.
Let’s get started.
Use Outlook for Backup of Mailbox
Yes, one can use the Outlook to backup the mailbox without any hassle. All you have to do is export the mailbox to a PST file and the job is done.
Here are the steps to backup the mailbox of Outlook using the Export feature.
- First, you need to open Outlook and click on the File tab from the top ribbon and then click on the Open and Export from the left sidebar.
- Then, you have to click on the Import/Export option from the newly opened page in the right.
- Choose ‘Export to a file’ option from the newly opened pop-up window and click Next.
- In the next window, you have to choose ‘Outlook Data File (.pst) and click on the Next button.
- Now, you have to filter out the details of the mailbox to be backed up in the PST file. Select the import items and then click on the Next button to proceed.
- You can also choose to filter out the other emails in the next step.
- After that, you have to select the location to save the new PST file and click on the Finish button to complete the process.
Now, you have to wait for a few minutes for the tool to export the PST file in the desired location. But this method does not work for all of us as many people don’t have access to the mailbox.
So, follow the next method to backup the mailbox using a third-party tool.
Automatic Method to Create PST file
Yes, there is an automatic method to create a new PST file of the mailbox. You can take the backup of the mailbox using the Shoviv Exchange Migration tool. It supports all kinds of exchange servers; you can check out the list on their website.
First, you need to log on to the Shoviv website and look at the Exchange Migration tool that offers the mailbox backup to PST. It offers custom filtering options in the tool for small items present in the mailbox. It will automatically map the source mailbox with the target mailbox.
They also offer a demo version of the tool for us to check the efficiency and effectiveness of the tool. With this tool, you will be able to backup large data files within minutes. And the best part is that it works with the live exchange as well. So, you need to download and install the tool on your computer to have an experience.
The Shoviv Exchange Migration tool is designed to keep the Outlook layout in mind, you will feel right at home while working on it. The interface of the tool is so simple that the user will feel as if they are using the Outlook itself.
So, these are the methods to backup the hosted Exchange to a PST file. Both have their advantages and you must decide which one would suit them. But, the second method will save you a lot of time.
The software have wonderful features which helps you to convert your exchange server data one format to another format with entire attachments of the email. My name Deko Williams and I am from US I want to share my personal experience about this software and its features. The software based on window operating system and helps users to convert data from EDB to PST and EDB to Office 365.
Some important features of Shoviv Exchange Migration tool
- The software can add multiple EDB file in one time.
- The software can add Outlook profile from multiple EDB mailbox
- The software add live exchange server
- The software provide facility to search email items in Source
- This software is 100 percent safe and secure
- This software company give 24X7 user support to fix users issues.
- The software support all versions of MS Outlook
- The software support all version MS Windows
- The software provide free trial version with some limited features