How to Merge PDF Files With Password Demystified
Summary: PDFs are the industry standard when it comes to cross-platform document sharing. However, when users try to merge PDF files with password, they might encounter difficulties. All users are familiar with the acronym PDF, which stands for Portable Document Format.
Keeping a single PDF file comes in handy quite often. Therefore, troubles while joining them are unacceptable. But don’t worry, we are here with this article to provide users with a complete solution.
Before we dive into the methods, let’s explore the cause behind our quest.
Reasons to Combine Encrypted PDF Files
This section will go through various causes to consolidate PDF files. Here are the reasons in brief:
Improved Availability of Data: When users prioritise joining all PDFs in a single file. They are rewarded with a reduction in time and effort while searching for particular data.
Easier Collaboration: By learning how to merge PDF files with password sharing becomes a piece of cake. Sending multiple emails & keeping track of them is a headache without it.
Simplify Getting a Hard Copy: We recommend a user combine multiple PDFs into one. This will only help them to print all the files at once easily.
Reduce Human Error: The accidental deletion of PDF files can be minimized. As a user will no longer have to deal with a jumbled mess of PDF files.
Now, we have a basic understanding of the reasons that come into play when joining encrypted PDFs. Next, we will discuss the manual method to improve our situation.
Merge PDF Files With Password Manually
Two types of passwords can be applied to a PDF file. The first one is called a Document Open password better known as a user password. Without an accurate password, the user can’t view the file.
The second one is the Permissions password also known as a master password. It is used to change the permission settings of the PDF file. Users can restrict printing, editing, and copying content in the PDF. But they are free to view the contents of the file.
Note: For the manual method, users must have access to at least one of the passwords.
- Launch the Adobe Acrobat DC application on the Machine.
- Go to the top menu bar and press the “Tools” tab.
- Select “Combine Files” from the list of options.
- Click on “Add Files” to select the PDF files for merging.
- Enter the Passcode when prompted to combine encrypted PDF files.
- Rearrange the order of the PDF files by dragging and dropping them.
- Click on “Combine Files” to join the PDFs into a single file.
Certain limitations prevent us from recommending Adobe Acrobat DC as the best solution for this task. They are as follows:
- Limited free trial.
- Costly subscription-based service.
- Time-taking procedure
Automatic Solution To Combine Encrypted PDF Files
Use the powerful and reliable tool for joining secure PDFs. The SoftwarePro PDF Split & Merge Tool is the market leader in such software. It offers a wide range of functionalities to merge PDFs. Here are the steps to utilise the tool.
- Launch the tool and pick the merge radio button on the bottom left.
- Next, select either the Add Files or the Add Folder button to bring the required files.
- Enter the password press the Next button to merge PDF files with password and proceed further.
- Select one radio button i.e. either create a new PDF or merge it into an existing one.
- At last click on the Merge button to begin the process. Upon completion go to the file location and view the PDF.
This completes the basic steps for using the utility. For a more detailed tutorial refer to the official guide page.
Why Merge PDF Files With Password via Automated Method
Now we know how to use the software. It’s time to understand why to use the professional tool. Several key features make it a favourite of all users that use password-protected PDFs in their workflow:
Unique Toolkit: The software includes a ton of features that can combine encrypted PDF files in an instance.
Maintain Hierarchy: Users can trust the tool to maintain the folder structure even in complex merging procedures.
Multiple Functionality: If a large PDF file is troubling the user. Look no further as the same tool can also resolve this problem. Users can utilise the utility for splitting PDFs as well.
To Combine Encrypted PDF Files Follow These Best Practices
Stick to these best practices while working with PDFs to keep them secure. Users will face minimal errors and enjoy a smooth operation if they keep these considerations in mind:
- Scanning PDF Files for Viruses: Before opening or joining any content from a PDF file, check for viruses or malware. It helps protect the user’s system from potential security threats embedded within the file.
- Backing Up PDF Files: Avoid accidental data loss or corruption by regularly backing up PDF files. Creating backups ensures that users have a copy of their data in case of system failures, accidental deletions, or other unforeseen circumstances.
- Update Software: If users opt for a professional tool to merge PDF files with password, ensure that it is up to date. Regularly check for updates and install the latest versions to benefit from bug fixes, security patches, and new features.
The Culmination Of The Discussion
When a user first searches for how to merge PDF files with passwords, it feels overwhelming. However, in this tutorial, we gave them a satisfying answer. We first explained the reason for protecting PDFs and justified the urge to merge them.
To resolve doubts, we gave a temporary solution. A professional tool was introduced for users looking for a permanent fix. This automated solution will make all the problems disappear in a few simple steps. Lastly, we mentioned precautions and guidelines when combining encrypted PDF files.