Are you looking for the Outlook error 0x800ccc0e? Don’t panic you will get solution through this blog. This error triggered in both Outlook and Outlook Express when you are transmitting the emails. Commonly, this error is due to the failure of SMTP server connection. There can be some other reasons responsible for above said error. So, let’s take care following instructions to prevent the issue.
Methods to Resolve Outlook Error 0x800ccc0e
- Investigate Internet Connectivity: There are chances that you have poor internet connectivity. So, investigate your network connection. Make the proper connection between Exchange Server and your system.
- Check Outlook Email Account Settings: If the fields in the Email Account settings for outgoing, incoming like username, password are wrong then it will lead to the error. Check the username contains the full email id and other details should be correct.
- Disable Antivirus Applications: If you installed antivirus or other protection software like firewall, email spammer, etc on your system then disable all of these. Sometimes, these software interrupts with the Outlook. Then look whether you are able to access emails or not.
- Remove Malicious Mails from Inbox: Clear or delete malicious emails from Outlook. These emails can create hindrance in accessing the emails.
- Check Firewall Settings: The firewall settings should not block Outlook.exe file. Ensure about this settings.
- Run Outlook in Safe Mode: You can run Outlook in safe mode with the help of following steps:
- Go to Start > Run.
- Type Outlook /safe, and click on OK.
- Under the Choose Profiles dialog box, mark right to box of “Set as default profile”. Then click on OK.
- In case window prompted, provide your password and select Accept.
7. Change SMTP Server Settings: The improper settings of SMTP server can lead to IMAP error 0x800ccc0e. Here, I am mentioning the two ways to change the SMTP Server settings.
Modify Outgoing Server Settings: Follow the below steps.
a. Navigate to Outlook -> File -> Account Settings -> Account Settings.
b. Click on the Email tab, and choose your email account from the list.
c. A new window will pop-up, choose More Settings.
d. The Internet Email Settings window will be opened.
e. Hit on the Outgoing Server tab. Select to check the “My outgoing server (SMTP) required
authentication” box. Click on OK to apply the changes.
f. Restart the Outlook application and check whether the error exists or not.
B. Modify Server Port Number
a. Repeat the above steps of Method A until step(iv) is reached that is More Settings option.
b. Below the Advanced tab mention the value for Outgoing server (SMTP) as 587. Then, click on OK.
Automated Method to Fix Outlook Error Code 0x800ccc0e
If you find the above manual methods do not resolve the error then you can try an automated solution. The Outlook Recovery Software can be an efficient solution that repairs corrupted or damaged PST files. After using it you will be able to send/receive emails operation on the Outlook.
I have discussed the manual as well as automated solution to resolve Outlook error 0x800ccc0e. You can select any of the method which is best fits to your issue. If you do not have technical background then you can go for automated solution. Hope you find the solution.