Here is How to Backup Gmail Emails to USB
Article Summary: So with this article I will tell you, how to backup your Gmail emails & other data to a USB without any hassle. So to know more, keep reading.
Email enables you to keep in touch with friends and family, whether you are around the world or right next door. There are times when you receive an email, whether personal or business, that you want to keep a backup on your computer.
Unfortunately, Google or Gmail doesn’t allow you to download messages directly from your web browser to your desktop. The safest way to store a private email message is to transfer it to a USB drive, which can later be stored your computer.
Why we Store Emails in USB Drives?
It is possible to use a USB flash drive as an email storage technique. This makes it possible for a user to access emails on a later date. By keeping emails on a USB flash drive it can be a fast and easy way to create an email backup, including any images or records included with those messages.
Before going to the solution first let’s see all the user’s queries while transferring emails to USB drives.
- “I was trying to transfer my emails to a USB drive at one go but facing issues with it. Can you suggest me a good solution for this issue?”
- “Can anyone provide me the best solution to transfer my email messages into a USB drive securely”
So now with this article, I will tell you all the steps on how to backup Gmail emails to USB. Steps are given below one by one:
- The first step is to plug the USB drive into a USB port on the system.
- Then, open the computer’s email program to select all the emails that you want to save.
- Now at the top of the browser screen, click on “Tools,” “Options” or “Menu” to display the email you want to save; the heading displayed depends on the browser used. Choose “Save as page.”
- To browse the system, click on “Browse” choose “My Computer” and then choose the device that connects the flash drive to. You should identify the flash drive as “Removable Device,” “Removable Drive,” “USB Flash Drive” or the flash drive brand name.
- To save the email to the flash drive, click “Save.” When emails are saved, remove the flash drive from the computer.
Notice: If there is no “Save As” option in the browser window, you can still save the email. Highlight the email text and simultaneously press the “ctrl” and “C” button to copy it. Click on a document &then concurrently click on “ctrl” and “V” to paste the text into the document. Then save the document to the flash drive in the same way.
The above-explained method is a manual method that you can do yourself by following all the above steps one by one. The next method is a technical method with the help of a Gmail Backup Tool.
Features of Gmail Backup Tool
- The software allows users to take a full backup of his Gmail account including attachments and other mailbox items.
- It let users to save Gmail emails as PDF as well.
- Gmail emails can be converted to different file formats such as PST, MBOX, EML, EMLX, MSG, HTML, and TXT without any risk of data loss.
- This software exports all of Gmail’s Mailbox content directly with all the attachments to multiple email clients such as Hotmail, Yahoo Mail, Thunderbird, and Outlook.
- Many Gmail users keep their contact list. Therefore, the user can download the contacts from their Gmail account to their PC using this tool.
- It always maintains the data integrity of all Gmail mailbox files and folders and does not lose any data.
- Gmail Email Tool supports all Windows versions including Windows 10’s recent version.
How to Use the Software
Step 1. Download and launch Cigati Gmail Backup Tool and login with your Gmail credentials.
Step 2. Choose the data category which you want to backup.
Step 3. Choose the Email format or the file format in which you want to save your data.
Step 4. Then choose the folders that you want to import. You can even use Date Filter, Naming Convention and Delete after Download features as shown in the image.
Step 5. Then wait till the software export your data.
Step 6. At last, click on Ok after the saving process.
These are the steps to backup your Gmail into USB drive by the use of the Gmail Backup Tool.
We described 2 alternatives in the above article to download Gmail messages to a USB Flash Drive, Pen drive, Jump drive, etc. The first alternative is the manual method and the second is by using a Gmail Backup Tool to easily save your data.
Hope this article is helpful to you.
Author: Nisha Yadav is a technical content writer who is having interests in writing articles on Gmail, Outlook, PST files, Windows and so on. She writes articles related to new & upcoming technologies including SEO and how-tos. She is confident and having creativity in writing skills.
You May Also Read:
-Best Professional Audio Editing Software for Windows and Mac
-Best Money Making Apps for Android users
-Technology Trend That How Science Fiction Is Becoming A Business
-Advantages of Back Office BPO Services for the industry!
-How Do I Become a Cisco Certified Network Professional
-Best 3 upcoming social media platform in 2019
-How Precisely to Benchmark Your Images Card