Quick guide to solve “Outlook 2013 contacts not showing in address book” error
It makes you feel very bad when everything looks good on your Microsoft Outlook Profile except the one thing and that is Contacts are not available in the Outlook address book. This error is very common and can be resolved. Interesting right!!
Are you facing the same problem? Wanting to resolve the issue of “contacts are not available in the outlook address book”? So here in this Article, I will be sharing the causes of the error and the solution to resolve the error.
There are some main reasons for this problem – “Contacts are not available in the Outlook” are discussed below. This error might occur due to the following mentioned situations.
- You might not have added the Outlook Address Book as a service to your specified Outlook Profile
- Maybe you have added the Address as a service but have not restarted Outlook.
- There might be chances that your Outlook profile have been damaged and does not recognize the Outlook Address Book Service
Steps to solve – “Contacts are not available in the outlook address book” error
Follow the steps to import the contact list by importing the .csv file in the Outlook profile. Let us follow each and every step without any fail.
Step 1 – Launch MS Outlook and click on File option.
Step 2 – Click on Open and Export option.
Step 3 – You will observe a new window of Import and Export Wizard.
Step 4 – Select Import from another program or file and Click on Next button after selecting the given option.
Step 5 – Now select the CSV(Comma Separated Values) option from the mentioned options.
Step 6 – Browse for the .csv files which is imported in step1. And click on radio button saying Allow duplicates to be created. Then press Next button.
Step 7 – Proceed with the steps and select the specific folder where you want to import the .csv file and then, Go to Contacts and press Next button.
Step 8 – Choose the Map Custom Field button to import the details avoiding the error which says- “Contacts are not available in the outlook address book”.
Step 9 – Now press Finish button and wait for it to complete the process. Now get the entire list of contact available in the Outlook address book.
Method 2 – Contacts are not available in the outlook address book
Still facing the problem of – “Contacts are not available in the outlook address book” Then go with the steps listed below
- Try to select the contact folders from the drop-down list available in the address book window and verify the result.
- Check whether the contact list is selected in the address book or not.
- Right-click the contacts folder and go to properties, Click the tab Outlook Address Book and Select the “Show this folder as an email Address Book”
There might be reasons that profile is not created properly hence I will suggest you to recreate the Outlook profile from the starting point and follow the steps mentioned above in a synchronizing manner.
You May Also read:
– Switching from Mac OS to Windows! How to move your Outlook database (convert OLM to PST)?
– How to Fix OST Error Occurred Due to Ill-Configured Outlook Registries
– How to resolve IMAP error – Outlook 0X800CCC0E?
– Are you Unable to Fix Outlook error 0x80070002? Let’s See How we can Fix it.